Monday 17 December 2012

Yusuf Karsh

1. Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.

2. Look and think before opening the shutter. the heart and mind is the true lens of the camera.

3. I've also seen that great men are often lonely.

4. There is a brief moment when all there is in a man's mind and soul and spirit is reflected through his eyes, his hands, his attitude. This is the moment to record.

5.  I have that great people do have in common an immense belief in them and in their mission. They also have great determination as well as an ability to work hard. At the crucial moment of deciosion, they draw on their accumulated wisdom. Above all, they have integrity.

6. I try to photograph people's spirits and thoughts. As to the soul-taking by the photographer, I don't fell I take away, but rather than the sitter and I give to each other. It becomes an act of mutual participation.

7. Within every man and women a secret is hidden, as a photographer it is my task to reveal it if I can.

8. The trouble with photographing beautiful women is that you never get into the dark room until after they've gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment